Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

TIPS Prices?

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby DavidJ » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:40 pm

Hi!

I'm running FM Personal 2018.

I just bought TIPS for the first time in my life. I'm holding them through a small brokerage for which I don't think you have any sort of import function, so that except for stock prices and such, I update things by hand.

When TIPS pay twice a year and update their inflation information, I would like to update the price in FM to reflect the new pricing. Is their any way I can do this through some kind of Internet Update on the security's Internet Retrieve tab in FM?

Thanks.
D.
DavidJ

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:39 pm

Hi DavidJ,

Can you explain how you'd like to update the pricing? You want to somehow modify all the old recorded prices? If so, how exactly would you like to see them changed? By some scale factor?

Also, could you please update your email assigned to your forum account. You can do this under:

User Control Panel / Profile / Edit Account Settings / E-mail address
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby DavidJ » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:47 pm

Also, could you please update your email assigned to your forum account.

Done!

Can you explain how you'd like to update the pricing? You want to somehow modify all the old recorded prices?

No. I don't want to update past prices.

Let's say that I have a TIPS dated Apr 15. Net Oct. 15 it will presumably pay me some interest. If inflation has risen, the official price of the security will also have risen.

Let's say I have $10,000 worth. On Oct. 15, because of the new inflation index, my holding is now worth $ 10,125. I suppose that I could manually change that day's closing price from $100 to $101.25. However, I'd like to know if I could download the new price automatically from some server somewhere.

Thanks.
D.
DavidJ

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:18 pm

Hi DavidJ,

Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any pricing sources like this.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby DavidJ » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:08 am

Thanks.

I'll just do it by hand, as I'd planned to anyway.

Thanks again.
D.
DavidJ

Return to Prices and Transactions