Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Schwab Transaction Retrieval

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby janfl133 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:54 am

I just downloaded your most recent FM Personal Program. I am now able to retrieve some things from Schwab, but am having problems retrieving all transactions.

I log into Schwab with (1) ID and (1) Password and then I have three accounts that I want to retrieve transactions from. I do not know if I should have all three under (1) sub-portfolio or if I should have (3) sub-portfolios.

I have tried following your instructions: How to retrieve transactions from Charles Schwab and have been successful with the Brokerage account but cannot retrieve the transactions on the (2) checking accounts. Their Access Codes and Account Numbers are very confusing. Also confusing is their instructions about changing my password. Not sure when I have to do that.

When retrieving transactions into a checking account, do I make the checking account the default or do I leave it as "none"?

Even when I have the right account number, access code, etc. and it allows me into the site, it does not retrieve the transactions.

Thank you for your help.
janfl133

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:03 pm

Hi janfl133,

Fund Manager can only retrieve from "investment" accounts. It sounds like maybe these other 2 accounts are "banking" accounts? In general, you want to have 1 sub-portfolio for each account that you retrieve. All 3 sub-portfolios (accounts) will have the same access code, which you get when using the "Get Access Code..." button. Each sub-portfolio will have a different account number. The number you see in Fund Manager is not your actual account number, it is a pseudo account number provided by Schwab, so that your real account number is not shared with Fund Manager. It sounds like you've seen the instructions, but in case not, they are here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq ... ersion.php
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby janfl133 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:52 pm

Mark,
I can export transactions in the (2) Banking Accounts to a CSV file. Can I import the CSV file into Fund Manager?
janfl133

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:13 pm

Hi janfl133,

Yes, but you will have to massage the CSV data to be consistent with how FM imports data. See "File / Import / Transactions / Generic..." and press "Help" in that dialog for instructions.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby janfl133 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:32 am

Is String 5 the one I am supposed to use?
janfl133

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:22 am

Are you asking about the "Input Format" string in the Generic Transaction Import dialog? If so, you have to type in your own format string. That dialog box remembers your 6 most recently used format strings, but you can also just type right into that box. The string you enter depends on the format of the data you're trying to import. Press the "Help" button in that dialog for instructions.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions