Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transaction retrieval problem at Schwab

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby theobaldr » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:39 am

Thanks for removing sensitive Post data. I backed i down to V4 and it worked, took it back up to V6 and it still works. Maybe a Schwab morning issue after their weekend maint.
Thanks... Ray
theobaldr

Postby tommydom » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:29 am

tommydom wrote:Mark,

That's exactly what I did first when I noticed them missing. I normally overlap the transaction retrieve by a few weeks as Schwab will post transactions that are pre-dated to the record date, i.e. Broker/dealer transaction downloaded/recorded on 11/24 for 11/22 when it actually took place. So, they are not coming from Schwab either with the checkbox on or off.

I have not had a chance to dive deep into this, but will get some time today and get back with anything else I might turn up. I have a number of accounts and many positions, so it will take me some time to make sure 1) I didn't mess anything up, and 2) get things recorded properly if they aren't there. I will let you know what I find.

Tommy.

Mark wrote:Hi tommydom,

When you did your retrieve, did you request a date range covering these transactions in question? As a test, you can also temporarily un-check the option "Skip transactions already in FM" to just see everything that is being returned. If they aren't showing up there or in the log, then they aren't coming down from Schwab's OFX server for some reason.

Mark,

I reconciled my accounts and filled in missing transactions from about Sep 15th - Nov 1st.

I ran into a new one this past weekend. One SELL transaction did not come through from Schwab. I tried rerunning the retrieve transaction again and unchecked the "skip" and "create" boxes and still don't see it. I looked a bit at the raw retrieve transaction log and saw this at the bottom of the raw log file:

</OFX><br />
<b>Warning</b>: fprintf(): Too few arguments in <b>C:\Data\fundmanagersoftware.com\htdocs\ofx\charlesschwab.php</b> on line <b>132</b><br />

If you want the log file, let me know how I can send that to you.

Tommy.
tommydom

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:20 pm

Hi Tommy,

Thanks, we've fixed that warning you showed. If your SELL transaction isn't showing in the log file, then somehow it isn't coming from Schwab. Maybe they posted it under a different account, or a different date? Maybe they're not going to post the SELL until it settles? I'm not sure.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby tommydom » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:59 pm

Mark wrote:Hi Tommy,

Thanks, we've fixed that warning you showed. If your SELL transaction isn't showing in the log file, then somehow it isn't coming from Schwab. Maybe they posted it under a different account, or a different date? Maybe they're not going to post the SELL until it settles? I'm not sure.

Thanks for the update, Mark.

The missing transaction is not coming to the software - its not there in the log, etc. It does show up in Quicken, and there are other transactions on the same day for the same types of securities - preferred stock shares. There were other sell transactions recorded for that same exact security recorded everywhere (Fund Manager & Quicken & on Schwab's site).

Is there a way to get any additional details about the request/response messages between Fund Manager and Schwab - am I seeing everything in the raw and parsed transaction logs, or is there more of a debug mode that can be set?

It seems to me that these issues came up as Schwab did their changes to the transaction interactions.

Any additional insight would be appreciated, especially if I can show data that it is an issue on Schwab's side.

Let me know what you think.

Tommy.
tommydom

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:19 am

Hi Tommy,

The log file (Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve (raw)...) is the un-modified data returned from Schwab's OFX server. If there is no sign of the transaction in there, then for some reason it isn't coming down from Schwab. The (parsed) version of the log is the same information, but in a more human readable format.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby tommydom » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:07 am

Thanks for getting back to me, Mark.

It is definitely not coming from Schwab when it does the pull from Fund Manager. However, It does show up in the pull from Quicken.

I think this is something you should note with them if you have a way to interact with their technology team on the OFX transaction retrieval. I don't have any real avenues to do that even though I have a very extensive technology background - I am just an end user, with a million variables that are out of their control. You may have better testing interfaces to try different scenarios...

For reference, the offending transactions have all been with Preferred Stock buy and sell transactions, some of which are NYSE, like this case.

Tommy.

Mark wrote:Hi Tommy,

The log file (Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve (raw)...) is the un-modified data returned from Schwab's OFX server. If there is no sign of the transaction in there, then for some reason it isn't coming down from Schwab. The (parsed) version of the log is the same information, but in a more human readable format.
tommydom

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:35 am

Hi tommydom,

Okay, thanks for the info. This will be difficult for us to escalate with Schwab, especially since they are ending their OFX interface for their new FDX interface. We have added support for FDX, so once that becomes available, and we switch, hopefully this issue will be resolved.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:15 pm

Hello Schwab Users,

Today we released Fund Manager 2020.16.10 with transaction module 247 which adds support for Schwab's new FDX server under the name of "Charles Schwab - NEW". We expect Schwab to discontinue Fund Manager's OFX access at the end of the month, so if you're retrieving transactions from Schwab this is a necessary update. For more information/instructions, see Instructions for using the new Charles Schwab interface. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dlevy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:31 pm

Thanks for this, Mark. I download multiple accounts from Schwab. Three of them were not listed by Schwab when I went to get the access code. I see them when I log on to Schwab. Any suggestions?

Everything worked fine for the other accounts.
dlevy

Postby dlevy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:40 pm

Oooh, there seems to be an issue with reconciling fixed income. Fund Manager reports 1000 shares of a treasury when the statement reports 100,000.
dlevy

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:41 pm

dlevy wrote:Thanks for this, Mark. I download multiple accounts from Schwab. Three of them were not listed by Schwab when I went to get the access code. I see them when I log on to Schwab. Any suggestions?

Everything worked fine for the other accounts.

Hi dlevy,

If you go to Schwab's site, log in, and go to "Services / Security Center / Third-Party Access to Account Information / Fund Manager", do you see these accounts listed? If not, are they maybe under a different set of login credentials?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:43 pm

dlevy wrote:Oooh, there seems to be an issue with reconciling fixed income. Fund Manager reports 1000 shares of a treasury when the statement reports 100,000.

Okay, thanks for the problem report. Would you mind sharing your log file with us? Please reconcile this one account, and then email us your log file from "Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve (Raw)...". I'll send you an email, so you could reply to that.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Quentin » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:42 am

No luck for me. I upgraded to the new version but pressing the Get Access Code immediately gives a "Failed to obtain access code" with error "HTTPS add URL error code 6". Meanwhile on the browser I can log in to Schwab & add permission but the "Take me back to Fund Manager" button results in an error. I can see in the security center than permissions are set up correctly. Is there any way to view the Access Code and enter it manually?
Quentin

Postby Stefan » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:54 am

It worked for me perfectly after I upgraded. Thank you!
Stefan

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:54 am

Quentin wrote:No luck for me. I upgraded to the new version but pressing the Get Access Code immediately gives a "Failed to obtain access code" with error "HTTPS add URL error code 6". Meanwhile on the browser I can log in to Schwab & add permission but the "Take me back to Fund Manager" button results in an error. I can see in the security center than permissions are set up correctly. Is there any way to view the Access Code and enter it manually?

I'll send you an email. Can you respond with a screenshot of what you see in your browser when you press the Get Access Code... button?

I don't believe there is another way to manually get the access code.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Prices and Transactions