Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

"Arrange Icons" command

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby pstead » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:41 am

Hi Mark,

Could you explain the function of the Arrange Icons command in the Window menu. I'm running the latest beta test. The command doesn't seem to change anything. All other commands in the Window Menu work fine.

I'm trying to arrange 18 different graph windows so that I can cycle through them in a fixed order using the Next (F7) command. I want to be able to return them to their fixed order using the Tile Across or Tile Down commands. Right now, I can set them in the proper order by clicking on them in sequence, and cycle through them in that order, but they easily become out of order when cycling backwards and forwards, or clicking on one by accident, and clicking a Tile command only arrange the windows into the current out-of-order sequence. I hoped that the Arrange Icons command would remember the chosen order and return the windows to that order when I click Tile.

Any suggestions how I could achieve that?

Thanks,
Peter

btw, no bugs with the beta so far.
pstead

Postby pstead » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:01 am

Sorry Mark, disregard my first question, I found the instructions for the Arrange Icons command in the Online Help - Menu Commands page.

But to the main question, I checked to see if arranging the list of open windows at the bottom of the Window command list box might accomplish the goal, but the order in which windows cycle is not determined by the Windows list mentioned. I can see that the cycle order is determined by the last window clicked, which action rotates it to the head of the order.

So, I can put my windows in the proper order and cycle through them, but if I ever click by accident any window, or forget to return the 1st window in my fixed order to the head of the line, then my fixed order gets rearranged. Is there a way the solve this?

BTW, all these graphs are portfolio graphs, otherwise the problem would be easy to solve.

Thanks again
pstead

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:00 am

Hi pstead,

One idea would be to re-open the portfolio file that you've saved with the desired window order. If you select if from the bottom of the "File" menu it will re-open your portfolio, and restore all the windows to the order they were in when you last saved the portfolio file.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby pstead » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:53 am

Thanks, that does it.

One request if you can still add to the beta; change the yesterday time period on reports and graphs, so that yesterday is always automatically defined as the day before the current day, such that a report or graph can be set to yesterday, and it will always without manually setting be the day before the current day.

I'd love to be able to set several different colors of trend line, too.

thanks
pstead

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:16 pm

Hi pstead,

"Yesterday" in the date combo box is defined as the day before the current date. Maybe you're asking to have it restored that way automatically when you open a portfolio file? You can do this with:

Options / Report Preferences... / Other

ON: Float End Date
ON: Start Date Relative to End
End Date Floats to: Yesterday

Thanks for the idea/feedback on trendline color control. That would be a good improvement.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs