Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Cost-Price Axis Text

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby 4MoreProfits » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:15 am

Mark
Another stupid question.
Somehow, Not sure how I did it and can't find where to undo it, my text on my y axis of the graph has 8 decimal places for the very top and very bottom value but just on some of the investments See the attached file
Thanks again
Jim
Attachments
cost-Price y Axis.pdf
(2.83 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
4MoreProfits

Postby 4MoreProfits » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:26 am

Mark,
A little more info.
This is only on some of the investments in one of 10 portfolios. but when I create a new summary portfolio and add some stocks from all the other portfolios only the stocks that display the 9 decimals in the original portfolio, now display the same way in the new portfolio. It seems to be following the investment.
Jim
4MoreProfits

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:58 pm

Hi Jim,

You might either have specified the min/max (like maybe by mouse zooming), or you have the autoscale to exact min/max turned on. Try this:

Use "View / Scale..." to either autoscale a particular investment or all open investments.
Use "Graphs / Options / Display... / Y axis autoscale" and un-check "Use Exact Min/Max".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby 4Profits » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:58 am

Mark,
Thanks, somehow I had three investments set to a min/max not auto scale. Would never have found this.

Jim
4Profits

Postby 4Profits » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:31 pm

Mark,
Thanks, This must have been set when I was trying to fix one of my past problems. with the "Y" axis was displaying too many decimals on some stocks.
I have gone in and set Autoscale All Investments individually but when I go back and look at the stocks later. I select View/ Scale the popup displays Apply specified Min/ax only to this investment is selected. E#ven when I select the autoscale all investments again. Is this correct, Or should the Autoscale all investments be selected?
4Profits

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:27 pm

Hi Jim,

The "Apply Specified Min/Max Only To This Investment" is just the default option when opening the "View / Scale..." dialog box from an investment based graph. It doesn't mean that all your investments aren't already set to autoscale.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs