Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Missing Buy / Sell Markers on Graphs

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby ballardian » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:41 pm

I just noticed a strange behavior that some of my investments are missing Buy / Sell markers on Portfolio Value - Cost graph.

One first pass it appears that any buy or sells in 2021 for issues where I already owned shares are not showing buy/sell markers on the graph. However, I see buy / sell markers from previous to this year on the graphs.

Any issues I bought NEW since the beginning of this year I see a marker on the inital purchase and for the 2 issue where I bought it new AND bonught a second round of shres -- I don't see that 2nd share buy marked on the graph.

Aslo strange and what actually caught my attention is two issue shows a buy (in 2017 and 2020) when I initiated my position but it is just a red circle and not the green circle with a red one around it I'm used to seeing at the first purchase on the graph.

I can't say for certain the issue is "2021" but my last buy or sell in 2020 in June I can see on the graph and my next Buy / Sell on Jan 2021 in an issue I already owned I don't see the marker.

Also strangely, is the cash investment shows buy / sells after Jan 1 2021 ok. I have also recently upgraded to the newest version.

Any ideas what is happening?
ballardian

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:14 pm

Hi ballardian,

1) That graph type doesn't have markers. Portfolio based graphs don't display buy/sell markers, only investment based graphs. Maybe you mean a different graph type?

2) Make sure you have markers turned on. You can turn them on/off under "Options / Markers..." from within the graph window.

3) Make sure the date range and vertical scales are either auto, or manually set wide enough so that you see where they are plotted.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ballardian » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:23 pm

1) Oy. Yes I meant Price + Distributions graph for each investment. Sorry about that in my attempt to be thourough I said the wrong thing.

2) I confirmed all markers are enabled

3) I have confirmed both the axis are wide enough for the date and price of purchase
ballardian

Postby ballardian » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:28 pm

I think I just figured out the issue. I have marked my transactions on a Sunday so they will not show. I suspect I got a date transcribed wrong the first one and all the transactions got placed on the wrong day.

Let me confirm this but this by far makes the most sense.
ballardian

Postby ballardian » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:07 pm

That was it. A slew of transactions off by one date.

Thanks for your help as always even if this was solidly my own mistake.
ballardian

Return to Graphs