Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Phantom transaction

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby ZOO55 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:00 pm

Mark,

Thanks, that worked! Curious, though, how any amount other than "$1.00" would ever get changed in that place in the Data Register.
ZOO55

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:25 pm

Hi ZOO55,

Great, glad that worked out.

Cash is just like any other investment, and it has closing prices too, but usually you always keep them at $1. Like any investment, there are many ways you can update pricing data:

1) Retrieve prices (this is why you want to keep the "Retrieve Price" option off for your cash investments)
2) Retrieve transactions (this won't update cash, but it will for all other investments)
3) Import prices from a file
4) Manually enter a price
5) If you record a transaction on a date where there isn't a recorded closing price, FM will record a closing price using your transaction price
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ZOO55 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:38 am

I was able to fix the problems referred to above (thanks!), but there is another that bedevils me. All cash and stock subportfolios graph as expected, but when I try to generate any kind of graph at the Master Portfolio level, I get garbled results. This graph is value. All other graphs from "Master Portfolio" look the same. Can you assist? As I said, I have checked all subportfolios, including "prices", and see nothing out of place. Thanks
Attachments
master portfolio value.JPG
master portfolio value.JPG (92.35 KiB) Viewed 2462 times
ZOO55

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:54 am

Hi ZOO55,

The graph doesn't show a data line (is this what you mean by garbled?), so maybe you have the scale set such that it isn't being plotted? Try hitting "Shift + R" on your keyboard to reset both the X and Y axis to defaults. Or, use "View / Dates..." and "View / Scale..." to reset them to a range where you can see your data.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ZOO55 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:58 pm

I think that fixed it, thanks again!
ZOO55

Previous

Return to Graphs