Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

TA Graph Using Stochastic Indicator

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby Web » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:25 pm

Hi Mark,
I use TA graph with the Stochastic indicator. The upper graph shows the close through today. The lower graph shows the Stochastic indicator through about 2 weeks ago & nothing after through today. This occurs on mutual funds but not ETF's. The Data Register has not received the open, high, low data for about the last 2 weeks for the mutual funds but does receive the actual data for ETF's through today. I can retrieve the missing data by using historical price retrieve, but I still do not show the Stochastic on the chart until about 2 weeks ago. (I know mutual fund high, low, open data will be the same as the close but that still works with data over 2 weeks old) I am including an attachment showing my graph settings. Any way ti bring the Stochastic current?
Attachments
TA Graph Settings.PNG
TA Graph Settings.PNG (9.1 KiB) Viewed 2690 times
Web

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:00 am

Hi Web,

Make sure that you have non-0 values recorded for high/low on every date where you have a closing price. Look in the Data Register, under the "Prices" data type to verify. You can right mouse click on the graph, and choose "Edit All Data..." to bring up the Data Register for that investment.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Web » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:47 pm

Hi Mark
I understand the need for positive values for Hi Lo, but I have 2 questions: 1.How do I make Fund Manager retrieve those Hi Lo values on a daily basis.( I am including an attachment showing my internet retrieve settings) 2. Why does the stochastic graph (Attachment included) end on May 13 but the data register (Attachment included) shows all data including Hi Lo data thru June 2 and again how can I make Fund Manager retrieve the missing data for Jun 3 & 4 on a daily basis when it retrieves the close data. I am using FM 2018.15.5.100, quote module 551, transaction module 239. Thanks for your help.
Attachments
Internet Retrieve.PNG
How can I make FM retrieve the Hi Lo data daily along with close data?
Internet Retrieve.PNG (9.1 KiB) Viewed 2669 times
Graph.PNG
The last date for the stochastic lines on the graph is May 13 but the data register show data including Hi Lo thru Jun 2. The close is updated thru Jun 4
Graph.PNG (34.44 KiB) Viewed 2669 times
Data Register.png
Data register shows data including Hi Lo thru Jun 2 but the stochastic lines are only updated thru May 13
Data Register.png (15.84 KiB) Viewed 2669 times
Web

Postby Mark » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:42 am

Hi Web,

I believe the problem is happening because the regular "Yahoo" quote server doesn't retrieve high/low for mutual funds. However, if you retrieve the historical data using "Yahoo (Historical)" server, the high/low are retrieved. So, if you want high/low for your mutual funds, you'll need to periodically retrieve back prices with "Yahoo (Historical)".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Web » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi Mark,
The following is the second question presented in my last post. Please note the data register attachment shows Hi, Lo data through June 2 but the stochastic graph stochastic lines only display thru May 13. In other words the graph is not displaying stochastic lines from May 14 thru June 2 while the data register attachment shows Hi Lo data thru June 2. Why does the graph not show the stochastic lines thru June 2.

2. Why does the stochastic graph (Attachment included) end on May 13 but the data register (Attachment included) shows all data including Hi Lo data thru June 2 and again how can I make Fund Manager retrieve the missing data for Jun 3 & 4 on a daily basis when it retrieves the close data.
Web

Postby Mark » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:54 pm

Hi Web,

It isn't showing the line because you don't have a 14 day continuous period of non-0 high/low prices. Your "%K Period" value is set to 14 days, so you need 14 consecutive valid data points for a value to be plotted.

How are you retrieving on a daily basis? If you use the "Retrieve Historical Prices" command with the "Yahoo (Historical)" quote server, you can retrieve back through all the days where you're missing high/low.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs