Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Graph for multi-currency portfolios

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby StefanE » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:31 am

Hello,
When I create graphs like "Portfolio Value" or "Portfolio Gain" for portfolios containing assets based in different currencies the cursor shows the correct protfolio total but the actual blue graph does not. When I switch off under "View" the option "Exchange rate adjusted" the cursor and the graph show the same amounts, however the totals are now meaningless as they are not exchange rate adjusted. When the (sub)portfolio contains assets which are all based in the same currency (no matter which) all works fine.
I run FundManager Professional 2020.16.4.100 but have observed this inaccuracy for some time, also in prior versions.
StefanE

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:37 am

Hi StefanE,

Can you try turning OFF the option: "Graphs / Options / Display... / Allow Fast Exchange Rate Interpolation for Portfolio Graphs", and see if that affects this issue?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby StefanE » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:06 am

Hi Mark,

Yes, that has solved the issue (I had never realised that these "options" become available once a graph is generated) - thank you!
StefanE

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:14 am

Hi StefanE,

Yes, this isn't an obvious feature. To read more about why that option exists, press the "Help" button in the dialog where you set that option.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs