Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Investment Overlay Graphs

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby corfm » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Hi,

I'm using Fund Manager 2020, and I cannot seem to get the Investment Overlay Graphs to work.

For example, let's say I want to overlay the S&P 500 index (^GSPC). Using Graphs, Options, Overlaid Investments (Cntrl+Z), I can select ^GSPC. No problem.

But when I highlight an investment, then right click Graph As, Investment Overlay, Share Price, the only graph that comes up is ^GSPC. No matter what investment I use, only ^GSPC comes up.

When I click on 1 of my portfolios, then right click Graph As, Portfolio/Investment(s) Overlay, Value, then the correct Overlay Graph comes up showing both my portfolio and ^GSPC as the overlay.

Can you help? Thanks in advance.
corfm

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi corfm,

For the investment overlay graphs you must use the "Overlaid Investments..." dialog to select all the investments you want to overlay. From within the Graph window, right mouse click and choose "Graph Options / Overlaid Investments..." or choose the top level menu "Graphs / Options / Overlaid Investments...".

Please also see "Help / Help on Graph..." from within this graph for some usage tips on how to quickly scroll through different investments on the overlay graph.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby corfm » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick response! Got it now. I really like that scrolling feature.

Maybe for the future, this could be considered an enhancement (where right clicking on an investment could lead to the investment overlay graph similar to how it is done with the portfolio overlay graph)? Not essential, but could make things a little easier and intuitive.

Thanks much!
corfm

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:48 am

Hi corfm,

Good feedback, thanks for the idea.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs