Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Shortcuts to scroll X axis and date range

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:30 am

Hi Mark,

In a graph, Ctrl+Shift+left (or right) arrow are the keyboard shortcuts to scroll the X axis 1 month to the left or to the right. When we use these shortcuts the length of the date range displayed should remain constant, right? For example, two years of prices (24 months) displayed on the screen, if we use these shortcuts the start and finish dates of the range change but the date range length should remain 24 months.

But it's not the case. As we use repeatedly the Ctrl+Shift+left / right shortcuts, the date range becomes more and more narrow.

To see this:
In an investment based graph with a lot of historical prices (20 years of more), adjust the date range to display two years (for example, 01/01/1990 to 01/01/1992). Now use Ctrl+Shift+right arrow and stay pressed, in order to scroll rapidly 15 years or more. When near the 2010 year (for example), release. Now you should see that the date range is more narrow than 2 years (18 months instead of 24 for example).

FYI, my graph display options:
- Omit Weekends On Investment Based Graphs: ON
- Zooming or Scrolling X Axis Limited to Data Range: ON

Thanks.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:55 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Thanks, I see this too. We've improved this for the next release. If the start or end date is already at the month beginning/end, it will stay there as you scroll through the months/years. It factors in the display of weekends as well. For example, if your graph starts on Jan 2, but Jan 1 is a weekend, it considers the start date to be at the beginning of the month. This will prevent the date range from creeping narrower as you scroll.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:55 am

Hi Mark,

Perhaps related to the issue above (that has been fixed):

When holding down Ctrl + right or left arrow to scroll X axis per days, this works OK for a while then the scrolling gets stuck.

FYI, my graph display options:
- Omit Weekends On Investment Based Graphs: ON
- Zooming or Scrolling X Axis Limited to Data Range: ON

Thanks.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi Djobydjoba,

Thanks, I can reproduce this too. It seems related to not displaying weekends. We'll have to investigate/fix.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs