Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Frozen crossair sometimes

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby Djobydjoba » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:16 am

Hi Mark,

In graphs, with Cursor Type = Crosshair:

After a trendline is drawn, or deleted, the crossair is often frozen on the graph. When this occurs there are two crossairs on the screen: the current (that responds to mouse moves) and the frozen one. The frozen crossair always disappears with a repaint of the graph (F4).
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/543768 ... 3h5501.png

This bug occurs often but I can't find a way to reproduce it with 100% accuracy.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:20 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Okay, I think I've run across this before too. We'll see if we can't identify the issue.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:17 am

Thanks! Another minor request (and hopefully I will be quieter after that): ability to change the color of the crossair.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:24 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Okay, thanks for the suggestion. Currently the cursor is just inverting the existing screen color.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:27 am

Hi Mark,

For info, not totally fixed in FM 2018 beta. To reproduce, frozen crosshair occurs quite often after a line is drawn or when it is deleted in the MA Overlay share price graph.

Another request: an option to lock the cursor only to the price line, in order that the moving averages or bollinger bands, don't catch it. We are not often interesting in knowing the exact values of MAs and BB. With the cursor locked to price line only, this would be lot easier and quicker to manipulate the cursor, because we wouldn't have to deal with the vertical movements anymore. We would always know that the value under the cursor is a value of a price, and not a value of MA or BB. This is what we want most often (I think).

For example, in a graph like this, it is quite tedious to follow the values of prices because we have always to deal with MAs which catch the cursor repeteadly:
https://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/8645 ... 8h1202.png

Thanks.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:59 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Okay, understood, thanks for the feedback. This is probably not something that will make it into this update, but we will consider it for a future update.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:56 am

Hi Mark,

I've just uploaded a video that shows the frozen crosshair issue (not new to FM 2018)
It often occurs when a trendline is deleted.

https://youtu.be/QR9BSyy1zhE

In the video the issue has occurred three times out of four. Generally it is not as often, but still it is quite often.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi Djobydjoba,

Nice video, that helps, thanks. It looks like there may be some interaction with the popup menu that is causing this. We'll have to investigate...
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs