Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Graph Legend Fields

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby Matt » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:04 am

Hi Mark,

Where can I find an explanation of the various formulas to be inserted in Graph Legends (Graph Options| Legend Text|Insert Field)?

Thanks Matt
Matt

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:33 am

Hi Matt,

The description of the fields are in that dialog. As you click on a field, there is a "Description" shown below the list describing that selected field. If you have questions on any specific field please let me know.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Matt » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:44 am

Thanks. I was blind!

It seems fields like [[SUBPORT]} show up if a shareprice graph is called from the editor and within the subportfolio (when ii is really evident and not really needed) , but not if a shareprice graph is called from a report list for the whole portfolio when it would be really useful to know in which particular subportfolio the share was held.

Best wishes Matt
Matt

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:12 am

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe we could add a new field that shows the lowest level sub-portfolio that investment belongs in, but the SUBPORT field is displaying the "active" portfolio for the graph window. When you request an investment based graph from a report, the active portfolio for the graph will be the same sub-portfolio you were reporting on in that report. Just as a tip, one easy way to find out what lower level sub-portfolio an investment is from when viewing a high level report is to put your mouse over that investment, and look in the status bar. It will display the sub-portfolio hierarchy to that investment.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Matt » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:44 am

Thanks. The mouse tip was really welcome. Another spot of blindness on my part.

As to the legend fields etc. in the graph: If the graph shows that I am in a particular sub-level portfolio when I click from the sub-portfolio, and that I am in the top level portfolio when I click from the top-level list - the info seems a bit redundant. The mouse tip is good. But it would be even more convenient to scroll through graphs from a report list, check the info in the legend and know immediately which (sub)portfolio one is looking at...

Best Matt
Matt

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:21 am

Hi Matt,

Okay, thanks for the feedback.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:54 am

Hi Mark,

Minor request: an option to remove the MAs infos in the graph legend. (and in the TA graph type too: MAs and Bollinger Bands infos).
See: https://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/8358 ... 5h3202.png

Thx.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:23 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Okay, understand this one too. Maybe you've already seen this option, but you can turn off "View / Legend" from within a graph window, and all of the legend text will not be displayed.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:55 am

Indeed Mark. The upper part of the legend gives me useful info, but the MAs info are useless for me. And it takes some space, especially with 4 graphs displayed in my 22' screen. With 9 graphs displayed the MAs infos don't appear anymore, and that is well done.

Regards.
Djobydjoba

Return to Graphs