Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Quality of copied graph

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby stegra » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:08 am

Hi,

Is there any way to format the graph in order to have better quality when I copy the graph into word or excel?

Please see two images attached. The quality gets a little better when I do a screenshot of the graph.

Thanks!
Attachments
screenshot graph.png
screenshot graph.png (59.55 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
graph copied into word.png
graph copied into word.png (38.07 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
stegra

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:33 am

Hi stegra,

How are you copying this into Word? Are you using the Advisor version? If so, use "Edit / Copy to Clipboard" and then paste it into Word. It helps if you size the window in Fund Manager to the size you want in your Word document first. Then, once you paste it, right mouse click on it, and choose "Format Picture..." and set the "Size" to 100% keeping the aspect ratio the same. See this example:

lowes.png
pasted and sized in Word
lowes.png (37.64 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby swisspm » Mon May 09, 2016 12:39 am

Hello Mark,
I'm having similar problems with printing graphs using the personal version. If, for istance, i am viewing a graph and then click on file / print / preview, the quality is very rough, like the bottom image below from stegra. The quality on the screen is fine so somehow it gets lost when printing. Is there a way, with the personal version, to print (paper or pdf) high resolution versions of the graphs?
Thanks and regards
Pierre
swisspm

Postby Mark » Mon May 09, 2016 7:23 am

Hi Pierre,

I believe stegra was having issues with the sizing of copying/pasting from the Advisor version. That is different than printing and print preview. Printing is done at the full resolution of your printer. The Print Preview is showing a scaled version of your printer output on the screen. Depending on the size of your window and screen/printer resolution the display on the screen may not look as good. If you actually print to your printer (or PDF file), does it look high resolution?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs