Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Synchronize Graphs with Portfolio Editor

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby rwcrooks » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:48 am

I usually run FM (version 2014) with the Graphs open in the top half of my display and the Portfolio Editor open in the lower half of my display.

Is there a way to configure FM so that when I click on a new portfolio or subportfolio in the Protfolio Editor, the graph for that item is automatically displayed in the open Graphs pane? I'm currently clicking on the subportfolio and then clicking on "Graphs" on the command bar and then reselecting the graph to view it.

There must be a way of doing this, but I couldn't find it in the docs.

Thanks,
Rich
rwcrooks

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:27 am

Hi Rich,

No, this isn't configurable, but you can get there in fewer actions. If you right mouse click on the sub-portfolio a menu will pop up, and you can choose the "Graph" choice. It will change the active portfolio in your graph window to that sub-portfolio, leaving the graph type un-changed.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rwcrooks » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:06 pm

Thanks, Mark.

I'll give that a shot. It took me a while to realize that the graphs weren't changing. Probably because I had a good performing portfolio in the graph window. Now, if it had been a poor performing portfolio, I'm sure I would have discovered it sooner.

Rich
rwcrooks

Return to Graphs