Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Graph overlays, step-by-step?

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby jb3 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:00 am

Hi Mark

I have read several of your posts on the subject, but I continue to have trouble using graph overlays. Can you walk me thru this scenario?

I have stocks in Account 100 and the S&P index with zero shares in a reference account.

How do I overlay the S&P index onto the stocks in Account 100 so I can scroll thru the stocks while the S&P remains unchanged?

Thanks for you usual great help.

John
jb3

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:21 am

Hi John,

Sure.

1) Select "Graphs / Investment Overlay / Share Price (or Price + Distribution)" from the menu to open up an overlay graph type.

2) From the top level "Portfolio" menu, choose the "Account 100" you mentioned. (This makes this sub-portfolio the active sub-portfolio, and you'll be able to scroll through the investments in this active sub-portfolio.)

3) Right mouse click in the graph, and choose "Graph Options / Overlaid Investments...". In that dialog, add one investment from "Account 100" and also your "S & P" investment. Put the investment from Account 100 on top, and the S & P investment below it. You can use the "Move Up/Down" buttons to arrange the investments in this order. Click OK.

Your graph should now have 2 overlaid investments, and the one from the Account 100 should be listed first in the legend. You can now use the arrow or page up/down keys to scroll the investment in that first position. The S & P will stay in the 2nd position.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby jb3 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:55 am

That's it! Thanks, Mark.
jb3

Return to Graphs