Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Pie Charts - Data values displayed in Legend Line

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby akahrim » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:21 am

Mark...I have my investments in 2 portfolios: Registered and Non-Registered. The sum of these is networth. I update the investments at end of week and show in a 3 pie charts. Here are some issues:
1) The value change (delta) in the legend line does not add up for the networth pie chart. The dealtas shown for Registered pie and Non-registered pie do not sum to the delta shown for the rolled up pie of both portfolios.
2) Sometimes I make corrections/changes to the investments, then go back to the rolled up pie chart, but the delta value in the legend line stays the same. It does not reflect the changes made.
3) The dates used for the pie charts are 'Earliest Transaction" to "Today's date". The checkbox for "Apply changes to all subportfolios" does not make a difference if checked or not.

I am using the default value for the "Graph Options/Legend Text" in the legend line above the piecharts.
Any help understanding what is going on with the "delta" would be appreciated.
Thanks
AK
akahrim

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:17 am

Hi AK,

Try creating a "Custom" report with the field "Change in value from previous". Set the ending report date to the same end date as your pie chart. List the report by Investment. This value for your whole portfolio should match what you see in the pie chart legend for the same sub-portfolio. You can use this report to see how the change in being calculated. Maybe you have some extra investments in your "networth" sub-portfolio that aren't in the 2 lower levels... Whatever the case, this should allow you to see how this is being calculated, so you can understand any differences.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby akahrim » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:26 am

Mark...thanks for the prompt reply. I played around with it and found the following:

1) The "Registered" investments were updated (via downloads) up to 12/24/2014.
2) The 'Non-Registered" investments were updated (via downloads) up to 12/26/2014
3) If I rollback the end date for the "Non-Registered investments to 12/24/2014 then the sum of the deltas on the pie from the 2 portfolios do add up correctly.

So it seems that the date was the key factor here.
Thanks
AK
akahrim

Return to Graphs