Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

EDIT DATA menu item missing

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby fundman247 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:13 am

Hello Mark,

I seem to be loosing the 2 top menu items when I right click on a price & dist graph. It does happen on a regular basis about every 3rd day.

The only way to get the item to display is to either close FM or reboot my PC.

Also I find at times I am far from any transaction yet when I right click on the graph I get either the EDIT DATA item the 3rd item instead of at the top or at times it is missing all together.

My setting in FM is to open the price data stack on a EDIT DATA click.

I have e-mailed you the screen shots when I right click.

Regards.
fundman247
Don't stay in bed....unless you can make money in bed - George Burns
However beautiful the strategy, you should occcasionally look at the results - Winston Churchill

Remeber and practise it!!!!!!
fundman247

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi fundman247,

I received the screen shots, thanks. If it is only happening after 3 days, this may be hard to track down... If you can send me a *.FMB backup, and instructions, I can try to reproduce the problem here, using your data.

How often does the other problem happen where you get the "Edit Transaction..." menu item? If you check your "cursor gravity" under "Graphs / Options / Display...", what is that set to? If it is far from 4, try changing it to 4, which is a reasonable default.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:04 am

Hi fundman247,

Thanks for sending the *.FMB file. I attempted to reproduce the problem using your data. Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce the problem here. Given that it takes 3 days on your PC before it shows up, that may be a hard one to track down. When you say it takes 3 days, does that mean you're leaving your PC on for 3 days before it happens, or do you shut down daily, and it just happens every 3 days roughly?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby fundman247 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:41 am

Mark it happens at random. As I indicated in my e-mail currently I cannot see the 2 top items in the menu.

My pc is normally on for a few days until it becomes very slow then I will reboot.

After another reboot it will be fine. I will just reboot whenever this problem arises.

Sorry you could not find the same problem on your side with my back up.

Regards.
fundman247.
Don't stay in bed....unless you can make money in bed - George Burns
However beautiful the strategy, you should occcasionally look at the results - Winston Churchill

Remeber and practise it!!!!!!
fundman247

Return to Graphs