Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Stock Splits in a Price Overlay Graph

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby Mary Kennedy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:35 am

I am doing an overlay graph of price + distributions. One of the stocks in the graph recently split and the graph does not recognize the split as a distribution. Instead, it shows the price falling dramatically.
Is there a different way of entering a stock split that would enable the program to "see" it as a distribution or something? Or is there a way to tell it to include stock splits in its calculations? At present the transaction history has a purchase of 150 shares, then a purchase of 150 more at zero price. Since the graph is not looking at the total value of my portfolio, and doesn't recognize the distribution, it is not giving me an accurate plot.
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:59 am

Hi Mary Kennedy,

Instead of recording a purchase for the additional shares received, at a cost of 0 you want to record a "split" transaction. Go to the Data Register, and under data type set it to "Splits". Press the "New..." button, and record the details, like a 2 for 1 split, and the date. Delete that fake purchase of additional shares. Make sure you have "View / Split Adjusted" turned on, and your graph will display continuous.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs