Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Trendline disappearance

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi Mark,

A litte bug with trendlines : draw a trendline (ctrl+shift+mouse drag), release the mouse button, then ctrl+shift+clic at the left edge of the line, don't move the line but release the mouse button : the line disappears (can be delete from the trendlines dialog box though).

Thanks.

EDIT : and sometimes, with the same steps, the line doesn't disappear but move away in a somewhat erratic position.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi Djobydjoba,

I couldn't reproduce this... What version of Fund Manager are you using, and what graph type are you looking at?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:38 pm

I use FM 2014.13.2. On the graphs Share Price, Share Price MA Overlay ...

Strange, it's systematic for me. :? Anything I can do to help ?

Edit : I've just tried with a fresh install in a virtual machine, only one investment : the same.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:14 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Interesting... I'm still not able to reproduce that here. I'm wondering if it isn't a function of the video driver. FM is doing some XOR type functions on the display for drawing those trendlines, and the video driver may be getting confused. I can think of a couple ways to investigate further:

1) See if you have access to a different machine, with a different video card/driver, and see if the problem persists there.

2) You can do a backup, and send me a *.FMB backup of your data, along with instructions on which investment/graph to test on, and I can see if using your data permits me to reproduce the problem here.

Also, what version of Windows are you running?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:16 am

Hi Mark,

I'm surprised you're not able to reproduce this (minor) problem. I've tried on another computer, a laptop, with a clean install again and it is here too. So it is reproduced on Windows 7 64 bits, Windows 7 32 bits, and Windows XP on a virtual machine. Here's the steps again, in the Share Price graph :

1) Ctrl+Shift+drag to draw the line.
2) release all (keyboard + mouse)
3) Ctrl+Shift+clic on the origin edge of the trendline (left if the line has been drawn from left to right)

-> the line should disappear.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:24 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Thanks for that information. I wasn't previously clicking on the left end of the line, thus wasn't able to reproduce it. I see now that you did mention it needed to be the left end, sorry about that... I too can now reproduce the problem. We'll look into getting this fixed.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs