Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Positive vs Negative Colors

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby Kempostudent3 » Sat May 17, 2014 7:42 am

I'm wondering if there's a way to make the lines on a graph change to one color (green) for positive values and a different color (red) for negative values. I'd like to be able to tell at a glance which investments are positive on a gain graph.

An alternative would be if I could change the background color over 0 on the y-axis and have a nice horizontal basis line to compare a gain line against.

I've found that it's hard to tell what's happening at a glance if I've got multiple graphs up for each investment and they are all scaled differently on the y-axis. I like having them each auto-scaled, but I then have to study the axis to figure out what a graph is showing. I suppose it might be easier if they were all displaying gain as a percentage instead of a currency value, but I haven't figured that out yet either.

I've looked around a little bit but haven't found it yet if there's an option to change colors like this. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.
Kempostudent3

Postby Mark » Sat May 17, 2014 10:41 am

Hi Kempostudent3,

Sorry, this isn't an option currently. Thanks for the idea though, I can see that being a useful ability to add.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Kempostudent3 » Sat May 17, 2014 4:19 pm

That's what I figured, but I thought I'd ask anyway since there are a lot of options. Thanks for the feedback.
Kempostudent3

Return to Graphs