Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Map symbols of similiar securities?

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby mike42398 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:35 am

Hello - I have a number of subportfolios held in different acconts at Fidelity.

There are times I hold essentially the same fund in different subportfolios but I may hold a different class of the same fund in the different accounts (for example, FLCKX in my retirement account but FLVCX in a taxable account).

For certain types of reporting and graphs I want to combine the FLCKS and FLVCX positions to see, for example, how much overal I have in that fund.

Is there any way to map 2 symbols together so they are aggregated for selected reports or graphs?

Thanks for your help with this one.

btw, very please with the latest release. Have been checking out the cross-correlation matrix. Do you have any plans to allow a sybmol level matrix, maybe of top 10 positions?

Mike
mike42398

Postby Mark » Tue May 20, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi Mike,

Sorry for not replying here sooner, I missed this post...

You can report by many different things, like Investment, Symbol, Investment Type, Category, etc, but there isn't an option to group 2 investments with different symbols. You could copy them to another sub-portfolio if you'd like to see a report with just these 2 symbols.

Thanks for the idea/feedback on a symbol correlation option. Something we can consider...
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Ivan » Wed May 21, 2014 10:17 am

Hi Mark,

I would like add my request for this enhancement, but for a different reason. I have several funds which I have moved from one account (and therefore subportfolio) to another by selling at the one and repurchasing in the other. I would love to be able to track them as one investment. The ability to link them as a single investment for appropriate reporting and graphing use would be an excellent enhancement.

Thanks,
Ivan
Ivan

Postby Mark » Wed May 21, 2014 10:36 am

Hi Ivan,

When you sold and re-bought, did the symbols change? If not, you can report by symbol to see these consolidated. I believe you're also asking for some way to merge multiple investments with different symbols into a single report/graph item, other than grouping them into their own sub-portfolio?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Ivan » Wed May 21, 2014 10:51 am

Hi Mark,

The symbol did not change and you're right, some reports by symbol work fine. But it would be good to be able to combine them for some graphs such as gain, or cost-price for example.

Thanks,
Ivna
Ivan

Return to Graphs