Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Prices Don't Match

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby wizard348 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:47 pm

When I do an "Edit" "All Data" the price for June 15, 2012 is shown as $3.91. BUT on my graph, when I put my cursor on the end of the line at June 15, the price shows up as $4.41, in the lower left hand corner of the graph for the same date. The stock is FTR (Frontier Communications).

This is happening with a stock that I own and have added to and have downloaded dividends into. On the same stock but that hasn't had any distributions or purchases, it is shown correctly.

Thank you
Gary
wizard348

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:00 am

Hi Gary,

What graph type are you looking at? It sounds like this is the "Price + Distribution" graph. This graph plots the share price, plus all distributions per share since the graph's starting date. This is done to try and show the true performance graphically, which includes the distributions. If you want to see just the price, without distributions, change the graph type to "Share Price".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby wizard348 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:21 pm

You are right again. I pride myself in being a power user of this software but yet I don't see something as plain as that.

Thanks for your answer and for the great software. Best for the price, on the Internet.
wizard348

Return to Graphs