Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Portfolio Values in Graph and Report Don't Match

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby saroman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:56 am

After a Win 7 OS reinstallation (required because of corrupted system files) and a subsequent reinstallation of FM Personal 11.9 I reconstructed and cleaned up my Master Portfolio. Now, on the Portfolio Value Graph the value shown is different from the value shown in the Portfolio Value Report. The report seems to have the correct value and I can't figure out why the value on the graph is significantly lower. Any assistance in resolving the conflicting data would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
saroman

Postby Mark » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:14 am

Hi saroman,

Is the ending graph date the same as your report date? Are the graph and the report both displayed for the same sub-portfolio?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby saroman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:23 am

Hi Mark,

At the top of the graph window next to the portfolio file name it reads [Graphs: Portfolio Value (Master Portfolio)]. The Portfolio Report Settings dialog box shows Master Portfolio as the Sub-Portfolio.
saroman

Postby Mark » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:28 am

Hi saroman,

How about the dates? If you look in the graph window at the lower/right edge of the X axis, what is the last date graphed? Is this the same date as your Portfolio Value report is set to display?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby saroman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:30 am

I'm sorry. I forgot to add that to my last post. Both dates are as of today, 6/9.
saroman

Postby Mark » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:36 am

Hi saroman,

Today (6/9) is a weekend. Graphs are set by default to not display weekends. Are you sure the lower/right side of your X axis is displaying 6/9, and not 6/8? If you're checking the graph date settings in the "Graph Dates" dialog this may not be the same as the last graph date being plotted due to the weekend option. The value plotted in the graph legend is the last date graphed, which can be different than your ending graph date setting if the ending graph date is set to a weekend, and you're not displaying weekends on graphs. To see which is the last day graphed, read it from the right edge of the X axis labels.

To adjust whether or not graphs plot weekends see "Graphs / Options / Display...". There are two options in there that begin with "Omit Weekends". One is for portfolio based graphs, and the other for investment based graphs.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby saroman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:40 am

Unticking the Omit Weekends boxes fixed the problem. You're the best. Thanks.
saroman

Return to Graphs