Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Buy & Sell Markers - Display Settings

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby tokyo_trader » Thu May 31, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi,

Do you know why I cannot see all the sell markers on the attached chart? (5 buys and 5 sells)
The 5 red buy markers are shown, but only 2 on the white sell makers are displayed...

Any ideas why it is only showing 2 sell markers and not all 5?

Also, it is possible to use customer markers for buy and sell? Like maybe a using a capital letter B & S or even a custom image uploaded by the user?

Thanks

Tokyo_Trader
PS - I have also attached the transaction fro DBC so you can see all 5 buys and sells.
Attachments
DBC Transactions.png
DBC Transactions.png (19.53 KiB) Viewed 4455 times
Buy and Sell Markers.png
Buy and Sell Markers.png (21.77 KiB) Viewed 4455 times
The only information you can trust is PRICE everything else is pure speculation.
tokyo_trader

Postby Mark » Thu May 31, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi tokyo_trader,

I'm not sure... If you turn off log scale, does that make a difference? Can you email me (or attach to a post) the *.dat investment file, so I can try to reproduce the problem here?

Sorry, no, the marker images are not user-adjustable. You can change the size/color, but not the image itself.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby tokyo_trader » Thu May 31, 2012 9:09 pm

Hi Mark,

Turning log scale on/off made no difference.

Attached it the investment .dat file.

Thanks

Scott

PS - Just saw the message "The extension dat is not allowed"... what is your email address?
The only information you can trust is PRICE everything else is pure speculation.
tokyo_trader

Postby Mark » Thu May 31, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi Scott,

Please try posting the .dat file again, I believe the permissions have been corrected now to allow this.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby tokyo_trader » Thu May 31, 2012 10:15 pm

I have attached the DBC .dat file.

Thanks
Attachments
DBC.dat
(78.35 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
tokyo_trader

Postby Mark » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:04 am

Hi Scott,

Thanks. When I graph this investment in the "Share Price" graph it properly displays all 5 sell markers, plus the 5 buy markers, and there are also 3 distribution markers. I'm not sure why the problem is happening in your case. Can you try these tests:

1) Go to "Options / Screen Pens..." and press "Defaults", and then "Change". Does that make a difference?

2) To verify you are graphing the correct investment, please right mouse click on the graph, and choose "Edit All Data...". Do you see the expected transactions in the Data Register? I'm just verifying you don't accidentally have 2 DBC investments, and one is missing some sell transactions.

3) If neither of the above solve the issue, try this. "File / Close Portfolio" and then "File / Open Investment(s)..." and go select that DBC.dat file you posted, and graph it in the share price graph. If it still shows a problem, please do a "File / Save Portfolio As..." and name it "Test.mm4". Do a "File / Backup..." and call it "Test.FMB". Email me (do not post) that Test.FMB file. I'll send you an email, so you have a real email address to send to.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby tokyo_trader » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi Mark,

Just sent you an email with the test.fmb file attached.

Thanks

Scott
tokyo_trader

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:26 am

Hi Scott,

Thanks. I was able to reproduce the issue using the backup file you sent. The problem is that your sell transactions happened on what you have defined as weekends and you are not plotting weekends. For example, your first buy on 8/13/07 is a Monday, but you have weekends defined to start on Monday. See "Options / General Preferences... / Other / Weekend Starts On:" You currently have that set to "Monday". The default is "Saturday", so the weekend days are Saturday and Sunday. When you have this set to Monday, your weekend is Monday and Tuesday. Was this your intention?

The options to not display weekend days in graphs are located at "Graphs / Options / Display...".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby tokyo_trader » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi Mark,

Thanks for looking into this for me.
I have changed the 'weekend starts on' to Saturday.

I have no idea why it was set to Monday. It was either like that by default on my install :shock: or it was accidentally changed by me :wink:

Regardless, all the buy and sell markers are now displaying correctly.

Thanks for your great support

Tokyo_Trader
tokyo_trader

Return to Graphs