Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

ALL graphs are blank

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby hoop » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:31 pm

THe graphs worked great in the past. This time when I opened FM, the graph window comes up but they are always blank
hoop

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi hoop,

Do you have "View / Graphs" turned on? If that isn't the problem, please let me know what graph type you are looking at. Also, what exactly do you see in the graph window? Is it just completely black with nothing at all showing? Can you see the whole graph window? If you use "Window / Cascade" does that make a difference?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby hoop » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:23 am

View/Graphs worked. Don't know how it got turned off. I thought it was due to the trial version lapsing but I guess not.....
Thanks for the quick reply... :)
hoop

Postby Mary Kennedy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:01 pm

I have a problem of blank graphs but my View/graphs is checked. Here is the history: I had a price-cost series running, going through each of my holdings and looking at it's chart. In one case, I inadvertently brushed my cursor over the picture and scrunched it, or at least that is what it looked like. All of a sudden the line was scrunched to the far right and jagged from bottom to top and back. I couldn't get the chart to spread back out again. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what I did next, trying to get my chart back, but now everything is blank.
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mary Kennedy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:03 pm

OS, are you aware that a commercial firm has taken over these board pages? There are links all over that take us out of your site into something else, yet they all look like legitimate links to legitimate topics.
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi Mary Kennedy,

Mary Kennedy wrote:I have a problem of blank graphs but my View/graphs is checked. Here is the history: I had a price-cost series running, going through each of my holdings and looking at it's chart. In one case, I inadvertently brushed my cursor over the picture and scrunched it, or at least that is what it looked like. All of a sudden the line was scrunched to the far right and jagged from bottom to top and back. I couldn't get the chart to spread back out again. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what I did next, trying to get my chart back, but now everything is blank.

What graph type do you have displayed? Can you see the whole graph window? Maybe you can post a screen shot of the whole Fund Manager window, so I can see what you're seeing?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi Mary Kennedy,

Mary Kennedy wrote:OS, are you aware that a commercial firm has taken over these board pages? There are links all over that take us out of your site into something else, yet they all look like legitimate links to legitimate topics.

Thanks for the notice, but I couldn't find anything linking off our site. Can you give me a specific example, by showing me the URL of the page containing a bad link, and where on that page you see the bad link?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mary Kennedy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:20 am

OK, here is what the graph window looks like after requesting an overlay graph and selecting the particular items I wanted in it. It is blank. As to the screen, I now believe this is a virus on my own computer, even though it is supposedly protected with McAfee, because I don't see thes when I visit your site on a different computer.

Marys Graph Screen.jpg
Marys Graph Screen.jpg (34.61 KiB) Viewed 6983 times

popup over the phrase GET STARTED.jpg
popup over the phrase GET STARTED.jpg (57.01 KiB) Viewed 6983 times
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:59 am

Hi Mary,

On the link issue, I can confirm that page does not have those links on it. It looks like some add-in in your web browser, hi-lighting/linking certain text you are viewing.

On the blank graph issue, can you check to see if all graph types are blank, or is it only this one graph type? What if you close that graph window, and open a new one, does that make a difference?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mary Kennedy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:55 pm

The first time I encountered it was with a single fund price graph, the one that shows your investment going down whenever you get a dividend. After that I tried a pie chart and it didn't show up either. then I closed the window, then the whole program and in fact I think i tried rebooting the whole machine, but have not been able to produce any graphs.
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi Mary,

Why don't you call our office tomorrow (480-705-0129) and I'll connect into your computer, and take a look to see if I can spot the problem.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mary Kennedy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:41 am

I solved it. I still don't know how it happened but I uninstalled and reinstalled and the graphing function is now working properly. Thanks for your willingness to go the extra mile.

PS I did have a cookie attached to my browser that caused those ads to popup and found a way to get rid of that too.
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:31 am

Hi Mary,

Great, glad you solved both issues.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs