Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Closed Portfolios Appear on Stacked Charts

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby ssherbin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:30 am

I recently liquidated all assets from 2 portfolios. I then "closed" them in Fund Manager. Neither are currently displayed below the Master Portfolio tree, which is as it should be.

However, when I graph the Stacked Values of all sub portfolios at the Master Portfolio and below, both of the closed portfolios appear in the chart. One portfolio appears only in the legend and has no value in the chart. The other portfolio appears in the legend and shows residual value in the chart.

Did I remove the sub portfolios incorrectly?

Is there some way to find the data that persists and permanently remove both the data and the portfolios?
ssherbin

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:09 am

Hi ssherbin,

If you "closed" the sub-portfolios, they won't display anywhere, including in the stacked value graph. You must have some other sub-portfolio still open with that name. Go to your Portfolio Editor window, and turn on "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios" and you'll be able to see all your sub-portfolios. Did you maybe just "hide" the sub-portfolio instead of "closing" it? Usually when you liquidate something you would sell or transfer out all the shares, and then you can "hide" the sub-portfolio. This is better than closing usually, so you can still have a record of the account. Hidden items will still show up in the stacked value graph if you plot it for a period where you still owned value in those sub-portfolios.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ssherbin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Mark,
Looks like you nailed it. I must have "hidden" rather than "closed" the portfolios. All's good now.
Thanks!
ssherbin

Return to Graphs