Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Around the "do not display Cash type in graphs" option

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby Djobydjoba » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi Mark,

I've noticed two things about the "Do Not Display Cash Investments On Investment Based Graphs" option :

1) When the option is on, and just after selecting a portfolio including a cash type investment, the first investment graph to be displayed appears twice when scrolling through the investment stack. A minor problem, but a little annoying though.

2) When the option is on and the option "Show hidden Investments" is activated, the cash type investments are nevertheless displayed.

Thanks,
Djoby.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi Djoby,

1) I couldn't reproduce this problem... Can you reproduce it still? Maybe you can give me some more specifics on the steps you're taking.

2) This is the intended/documented behavior. See the online help for this feature here:

http://fundmanagersoftware.com/help/dlg_display.html

or by pressing the "Help" button from within the "Graph Display Options" dialog.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:01 pm

Mark,

1) To reproduce,
- Turn on the option Do not Display Cash type Investments
- Open a Share Price Graph (for example)
- With the Portfolio menu, select a portfolio which contains a Cash type Investment in it (and of course some others investments). The first investment of the stack in the selected portfolio is displayed.
- Scroll one step the investment stack, with Page Up/Down or mouse wheel --> the stack doesn't scroll, the first investment is displayed again. We have to scroll two steps to display the next investment in the stack.

2) Ok, sorry, I didn't see that. I don't clearly see the point for such a behavior though. The Display Hidden Investments option shouldn't interfere with the Do not Display Cash Type option IMHO. When I unhide investments I've archived to see their graph, it does not necessarily mean that I want to display the cash investments.

Perhaps a typo in the help : "Investments of the type 'cash' will be hidden from the investment stack when plotting investment based graphs. This option is ignored when View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios is turned on, as all investments are shown when that option is on. If this option is on, and you specifically request for a cash type investment to be graphed, this option will automatically be turned off.."

Thanks.
Last edited by Djobydjoba on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi Djoby,

1) Thanks, I was able to reproduce it, but it only seems to happen if the cash investment is at the top of the display stack when you turn on that option. We'll have to take a closer look.

2) The idea with "View / Hidden Investments" being turned on is that you always see everything when you turn this on.

Thanks for pointing out that typo, I have corrected this.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:21 pm

it only seems to happen if the cash investment is at the top of the display stack when you turn on that option.

I confirm that's the way I order my investments.

Thanks.
Djobydjoba

Postby Djobydjoba » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi Mark,

1) When the option is on, and just after selecting a portfolio including a cash type investment, the first investment graph to be displayed appears twice when scrolling through the investment stack. A minor problem, but a little annoying though.

Not a key issue, but if you have some time...

Thanks.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:44 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Thanks for the reminder, we will look into getting this fixed.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs