Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Buy/Sell Marker Size?

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby sears » Thu May 19, 2011 2:42 pm

I have this odd situation where the buy/sell markers on some of my graphs are very tiny, whereas they are larger and the proper selected size on most other graphs. I tried changing the marker size but it has no effect on the graphs with the tiny markers. Anyone experience a problem like this before? I would hate to have re-enter all the old data to get the markers at the right size.
sears

Postby Mark » Thu May 19, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi sears,

Please do not re-enter any of your data, that should not be related to the marker display size.

You can customize the marker size under "Options / Screen Pens...". All markers of the same type (buy, sell, distribution, etc) should be the same size across all graph types. If this isn't the case, please let me know what version of Fund Manager you have, and 2 different graph types that display different size markers.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sears » Thu May 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Thanks Mark ... I am using the latest version of FundManager, just downloaded it today. I am using the same type of graph in the portfolio for all my mutual funds (a price graph). When I change the marker size under Screen Pens it does change the marker size; however, the marker size still remains a different size (smaller) for some graphs, but not others. That is, the marker size is not uniform for all graphs, even though they are the identical type of graph.
sears

Postby Mark » Thu May 19, 2011 6:24 pm

Hi sears,

Are you switching portfolio files (*.mm4)? Your portfolio file remembers your marker size preference.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sears » Thu May 19, 2011 7:33 pm

No, I am not switching portfolio sizes ... and this was a problem for me with version 10.X too, I thought upgrading to version 11 would perhaps fix it.

- Chris
sears

Postby Mark » Thu May 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi Chris,

Not portfolio "sizes", I asked if you were switching portfolio "files". Are you changing the open portfolio file?

If you look at the markers on one graph, how exactly are you changing to another graph? Please tell me the menu or keyboard commands you are using when you switch graphs and the marker sizes change.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sears » Thu May 19, 2011 8:24 pm

... sorry I meant to say "portfolio files" ... I am not switching or changing the portfolio files. I have about a dozen funds in one portfolio and all is fine with the exception of this glitch.

I am not changing to another graph when this occurs. The difference in marker size is there all the time. To reiterate, I have a portfolio file with about 12 funds in it, and when I show the price graphs, for 10 of those funds the buy/sell/distribution markers are the same size. However, for two fund graphs the markers are very small, a different size completely. When I change the marker size under options I can make the markers on all the graphs get bigger or smaller, but I can never get the markers on these two graphs to be identical in size to the markers on the other 10 graphs. The different marker sizes are permanent, they don't change when I switch graphs or anything llke that. When I load the portfolio with the 12 funds, the marker sizes are different in just two of the graphs.

Thanks for your help with this.

-- Chris
sears

Postby Mark » Fri May 20, 2011 8:04 am

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the detailed explanation, that helps. I am not sure why just 2 of your investments are displaying different sized markers. Can you send me a couple of screen shots, showing the problem? I will send you an email, so you can reply to that, and attach a couple of screen shots. Hopefully that will give me a clue as to what may be wrong.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Fri May 20, 2011 9:55 am

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the screen shot. All the marker sizes looked the same, but there are different marker types. Maybe that is the confusion? The bigger green circles are "Un-Specified Lot" markers. These are lots that are available for selling if you're using the specified lot accounting method. The smaller red circles are "buy" markers. If you don't want to see the bigger un-specified lot markers, turn them off under "Options / Markers".

Un-Specified Lot markers will not be available if you have sold some shares, and haven't specified which lots you sold. This is why some investments may not have them, while others do.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sears » Fri May 20, 2011 10:52 am

Thanks for your speedy reply ... I am not sure that is the issue (and I hope I am wrong!), but I will check later tonight and get back to you about this.

-- Chris
sears

Postby sears » Fri May 20, 2011 8:22 pm

D'oh! You are correct sir! Thanks for you help with this.
sears

Return to Graphs