Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Legend Text

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby 4Profits » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:11 am

Mark,

I have two questions.
1. I recently had a massive hardware failure and have been restoring my system. While all of my data was stored and I experienced no data loss I did lose all of my customization of the program. I think that all of the labels are stored in the registry so they are not backed up. I also lost my custom legend text. Is there a way to back these items up?

2. In trying to restore my legend text I cannot get it to display what I want. I would like to display cost basis per share and total cost basis, most recent cost per share, most recent total value and the difference. Taking one example that is currently at a loss I look at the value trend default text but when I copy that same expression to the cost value graph it does not show the same value. In looking at the definitions it seems that cost and value are based on the time of the chart not what I am looking for.

Any help on these would be great.
4Profits

Postby Mark » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:38 am

Hi 4Profits,

1) Yes, you can back up everything by using the backup feature. If you are only copying your data files, you will not get the preferences saved from the registry. If you use either "File / Backup..." or the automatic backup feature you will get a *.FMB file that contains all your data files, plus all your registry preferences. You can use "File / Restore..." to restore everything, including these registry preferences.

2) Not every field is available on all graph types. When you are in the dialog to customize the legend text, you can use the "Insert Field..." button. This will show you all the available fields for that graph type. If you select one of the fields, the description of that field will be shown. Many of the cost figures, are reported as of the ending graph date. If you have questions on a particular field, or would like to see a new one added, please let me know.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs