Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Graph COlors

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby Mary Kennedy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:16 am

I really love all the graph options, but have trouble when I try to print them because the titles and legends are yellow and they don't show up on white paper. I spent an hour this morning trying to change the colors and can't seem to do it. There is no option that I can see to change the title, and even though I tried to change the legend, it doesn't change. I have a suggestion for your next draft of this program: Create an "inverse" view, so that black becomes white and yellow becomes black
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi Mary,

If you are looking to change the legend text color, use "VALUE legend text", or whatever graph type you are on. I suspect you are really looking at the "Yield" text color. For that, change the "Yield text" color.

Fund Manager supports "Skins", so you can set up the colors the way you like for printing, and save these settings to a "Printing" skin if you'd like.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mary Kennedy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:03 pm

I was using the legend command but my graph would not respond to that command. I could not find any command to alter the title. I was working on a pie chart and there were no commands specific to that chart. I repeat my suggestion: find a way to make a global change for moving between screen and print versions of charts.
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:10 pm

Hi Mary,

Okay, thanks for the suggestion.

What "legend command" were you using exactly? If you right mouse click on a pie chart, and choose "Graph Options / Legend Text..." a dialog should come up that allows you to customize the legend's text. Does that not work for you? Maybe you can give me specifics on what command you were using that would not respond.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mary Kennedy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:31 am

Yes, I found that menu option too but couldn't figure out what to do with it and couldn't find anything in the manual about it. It opens to a window that says this:

[[SUBPORT]]: [[CURRENCY]] [[EGRAPHVAL]] ([[EGRAPHVALCHANGE]]) on [[EGRAPHDATE]]

But no clues about what these words mean or how to alter them to change the text.
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:05 am

Hi Mary,

That dialog allows you to customize the text displayed in the legend of your graph. Each graph type can have different legend text. Those words in double square brackets are "fields" that get substituted with the values being graphed. If you press the "Help..." button in this dialog you can read more about it.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mary Kennedy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:20 pm

I guess I'm a dunce then because I can't see any sentence anywhere that says, "To change the color of the graph title, do this:" I guess I need a program that is more user friendly or something, I just don't get it.
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi Mary,

To change the color of the graph title, do this:

While looking at your graph, select "Options / Colors..." from the main menu. If you are looking at a value based graph, change the color for:

Value legend text

If you are looking at a share price based graph, change the color for:

NAV legend text

If you are looking at a share price plus distribution based graph, change the color for:

NAV+DIST legend text

Those colors are for setting the legend text color, which is the text in the upper-left corners of non-pie chart graphs. If you are looking at a pie chart type graph, and want to change the color of the text above the graph, and on the right legend, change the color called:

Yield text
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs