Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Portfolio Performance return data on graphs.

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby rupertpage » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:08 am

Mark,
On one of my sub-portfolios the 1mth & 1yr data on the graph header is very different to the data when I run a Portfolio performance report. So, for example, 1mth return -86.40% on graph & +1.26% on report; 1yr return +1.46% on graph & 22.34% on report.
The report numbers are correct. Please advise.
rupertpage

Postby rupertpage » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Mark,
I have found the cause of the problem. But not the solution.
I have set up a bond in one of my sub-portfolios and with the trade entered on this investment the graph return is distorted. When I delete the trade the correct returns are restored.
Please advise, thanks.
rupertpage

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:44 am

Hi rupertpage,

Here are a few things to check:

1) For the Portfolio Performance report, are you looking at the "Yield" column?
2) For the Portfolio Performance report, the "Yield" is for the date range of the report. For graphs, the yields are that amount of time back from the ending graph date. Are you looking at the same yield term in the report and graph?
3) For graphs, you can display either TWR or ROI yields. Are you displaying ROI? ROI is what is displayed in the Portfolio Performance report.
4) Are you graphing/reporting on the same sub-portfolio?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby scottlang21 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:51 am

rupertpage wrote:Mark,
On one of my sub-portfolios the 1mth & 1yr data on the graph header is very different to the data when I run a Portfolio performance report. So, for example, 1mth return -86.40% on graph & +1.26% on report; 1yr return +1.46% on graph & 22.34% on report.
The report numbers are correct. Please advise.

I find similiar problem, when I run the graphs of portfolio value, value-cost, gain, recently, curve and data point are different, which means I move the cursor alone curve, before it's overlaped, recently they separate, think graph plotting have some problem. Please help solve it
scottlang21

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:16 am

Hi scottlang21,

Are you saying that when you move the cursor, it is not snapping to the line being plotted? If so, can you tell me what version of Fund Manager you're using, and a specific graph type you see this problem on?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs