Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Graph dates

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby HCPierce » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:23 pm

Good evening Mark:
I normally set the date axis of the graphs for portfolios to "last 12 months". Every few days, I seem to find this has been changed to "Custom" and the start date is static, no longer tracking the current month and day of the year. Is there some way to keep from continually having to go back and re-request "last 12 months" and click the "Apply to all open graphs" each time???

Second item: At the top of the graphs are a set of data in small type which show gain/loss over various periods. It seems these are for the gain/loss of a single share of this stock over a period. All fine and good but this is followed by "gph" --- gain per hour??? Maybe Gallons per hour -or- guesses per.... Anyway, I've looked around half-seriously a couple of times and can't find what any obvious defiition for "gph" might be. Maybe "gazillions"

Best regards, H. C. "Chuck" Pierce, Dana Point, CA
HCPierce

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:59 am

Hello Chuck,

There is no option to have the graph's start date stay relative to the end date. This would be a good option to add.

The numbers above graphs are the yields. You can adjust the type of yields displayed with "Options / Yields". You can adjust the periods with "Options / General Preferences... / Yields". The "gph" term is for the time period of the "GraPH". So, whatever date range you have the graph set to, that is the yield being reported by the "gph" label.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby red_puppy » Thu May 12, 2011 7:03 am

Hi -
I would appreciate a new option for the View/Dates/Custom. That would be the ability to set the end date to todays date without having to do it manually every time I open Fund Manager to display an up to date graph. None of the other canned Date options work ideally for me - I don't want the start date all the way back to earliest transaction (too long) and just back one year isn't long enough. In other words, let me set a start date at some arbitrary date in the past and let the end date assume todays date. Thanks
red_puppy

Postby Customer Support » Thu May 12, 2011 8:49 am

Due to vacation, technical support will be unavailable until Monday May 16th. We will reply to your post on Monday.
Customer Support

Postby Mark » Sat May 14, 2011 11:58 am

Hi red_puppy,

It will work this way if you set your ending graph date to the date of your latest recorded price, or today, whichever is earlier. Make sure to save your portfolio file after making this change.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs