Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Windows "normal" size forgotten

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby Glenn2 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:13 pm

I use several windows (portfolio, reports, graphs), and as a result will minimise them, maximise them and use the imbetween setting which I think is referred to as the "normal" size. Normal for one window eg portfolio, might be half the screen and for a main graph it maybe the bottom right hand quarter of the screen. What I find is that when changing from mimised to normal size, it will sometimes forget what normal size was and think normal was minimised, and I will have to re-set it up again. I have not determined any pattern/timeframe under which this happens but it is a nuisance and occurs at least once a day when using it.
Glenn2

Postby Mark » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:07 am

Hi Glenn2,

I tried to figure this out, but wasn't able to reproduce it. I only tried for a couple minutes, so maybe I didn't hit the right combination of events... If you are able to narrow down the steps required to reproduce this, please do let us know.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Glenn2 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:34 am

To reproduce the error try this.
1. Make the portfolio window 1/2 the size of the screen.
2. Minimise it.
3. Goto normal size
4. Minimise it
5. Close FM and then reopen it.
6. You will see that the Portfolio window has lost its Normal size setting
Glenn2

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:20 am

Hi Glenn2,

Thanks for the instructions. I see the problem. When a window was minimized, FM was storing the size of the window as is, instead of the "restored/normal" size. We'll have this fixed for the next release. (You will have to save your portfolio in the new version so it is updated properly.)

As an aside, FM portfolios only remember whether windows were in the maximized state or not. It does not remember if any windows were in the minimized state. Therefore, if you save a portfolio with a minimized window, when you re-open that portfolio the window will be put back into the normal/restored state.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs