Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Sorting of investment graphs

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby fundman247 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:45 am

Hi Mark,
Following our e-mails I looked why my graphs-value,price,price&distrib,gain are not showing the sorted results in the graph window although all the investments did in fact sort. This goes back to early vers 9 and still the result is the same in vers 10.5
When I have selected a sub-portfolio and I evoke the sort by name or any other sort option the investments in the graph window(1,4 or 9 display) does change but does not list the correct one at the top. If sorted by value it might even show the top investment in the screen as one with minus value while there are over 30 with positive values. The same applies to sorted by name.

If however I go to my master portfolio after the sort command in the investment graph (in sub portfolio) window then I find all investments are sorted by whatever sort I clicked on.

I have found that compress does decrease the size of the back-up file and will be e-mail you one of my portfolios so you can look at it.

Regards.
Don't stay in bed....unless you can make money in bed - George Burns
However beautiful the strategy, you should occcasionally look at the results - Winston Churchill

Remeber and practise it!!!!!!
fundman247

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:11 am

Hi fundman247,

Thanks. We've been able to reproduce this problem, and have fixed it for the next release. I'll email you a pre-release you can test out.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs