Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Phantom transaction

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby bobjar » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:58 pm

By typo or whatever I have an invisible transaction which displays on graph but which cannot be seen on "display all data".
The graph is for a bank account and is therefore quite simple. The total displays the correct figure after taking account of the phantom entry (a purchase)
I cannot delete this erroneous entry and after trying a number of solutions I am at a loss
Help please!

Bob
bobjar

Postby Mark » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:36 am

Hi Bob,

You should be able to see all your transactions in the Data Register. Set the Data Type to "All Transactions", and you will see everything recorded in that investment. If you're having trouble finding it, please check how you're sorting the data in that dialog, as you can sort by any displayed column by clicking on the column header. Maybe your data is in a different order than you're expecting.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby bobjar » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:06 pm

Hi Mark

Tks for your prompt reply. I have already tried your suggestions without success, There is nothing in the data register for the "transaction" and the graph looks quite weird as there is no markers for the transaction -just a line.
I have tried altering the date order without success
I have used Fund Manager successfully for many years and this is the first time I have had an event like this. The entry is a real phantom but how to locate it is beyond me!

Regards

Bob
bobjar

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:41 am

Hi Bob,

Where are you seeing this transaction on a graph? Maybe you can either post some screenshots, or email them to us directly? If there is a transaction recorded, you can see it in the Data Register under the "All Transactions" data type. Also, double check you're looking at the same investment in the Data Register as you're graphing.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby bobjar » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:26 pm

Hi Mark

I will need to email the screen shots. What is the email address please?

Bob
bobjar

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:33 pm

Hi Bob,

I just sent you an email, which you can reply to...
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs