Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Quicken import

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby Glenn2 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:16 pm

I am using Quicken Personal Plus 2009 and want to export my data and then import to Fund Manager. There does not seem to be an export function in Quicken. Is there a way to get that data into Fund Manager?
Glenn2

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi Glenn2,

From Quicken you can export a QIF file, which you can then import into Fund Manager. In Quicken, select "File / Export / QIF file". You can then assign a filename, and choose some options for exporting.

Usage Tip: If you want to transfer all your data from Quicken, export "<All Accounts>", and do the export with "Transactions", "Account List", and "Security Lists" checked for export. From within Fund Manager import this file with the options turned on that allows the creation of sub-portfolios and new investments as needed. Any closing prices in your .QIF file(s) will also be imported.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Glenn2 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:48 am

Thanks for the prompt response. I have looked at my Quicken software and the only option I have available is File>Export>Addresses. I am using Quicken Personal Plus 2009. Is the Export option somewhere else in this version?
Glenn2

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:45 am

Hi Glenn2,

I don't have a copy of that specific version of Quicken, but to the best of my knowledge all Quicken versions can export QIF. Maybe you need to switch to a different view first? What if you open one of your investment accounts, and then look under "File / Export"? If you still can't find it, please give me a call at (480) 705-0129. We'll do a quick web conference, and I'll see if I can't help find it.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports