Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Daily change

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby Paul King » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi
I am looking for a way to make the software show the day by day (or week by week, or year by year) % change in value for each holding, as well as overall change for portfolio

How can I best do this?

Cheers
Paul King

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:53 am

Hello Paul,

To get the straight % change in value, use "% Gain - V" in either a Portfolio Performance report, or in a Custom report. In the Custom report this is called %Gain - V (between). To get the % change for 1 day, set the starting and ending report dates equal. The percentage gain is inclusive of the starting/ending report dates. By adjusting the report dates you can get the percent change for any time period you want. You can also put multiple date ranges on your report, so you can get more than one at once.

To get %Gain-V on a Portfolio Performance report, make sure that option is selected under "Options / Report Preferences... / Portfolio Performance".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Paul King » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:21 pm

Hi - I guess what I am getting at is how can I do this every day without manually needing to reset the dates each time?

I mostly open Funds Manager each day to check the last day's performance, so would be good to have an automatic last day /last week (or "last X days") date range function that automatically works out beginning & end dates required.

Hope that makes sense?
Paul King

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi Paul,

You can save the report as part of your portfolio, or you can memorize it. In either case, you control whether the end date floats and if the start date stays relative to the end. So, if you'd like a report that is always 1 week from start to end, and ends on the current date, set the end date to float, and keep the start relative to the end.

Portfolio reports: Options / Report Preferences... / Portfolios
Memorize reports: <See the dialog when you memorize the report> (Edit / Memorize...)
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Paul King » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:59 pm

Great Mark! thank you!

Cheers
Paul
Paul King

Return to Reports