Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Printing "Specify Lots"

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby gcgucken » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:06 pm

I have specfied lots. Is there a way to print the what I have specfied? I want to give my broker a list of shares by lot that I want to sell. I will then have the broker do a confirmation.

I did a redemption of the number of shares I want to sell. I then specfied the lots. I now need to print the assignment of shares to various dates and cost basis figures.

If there is a better way to do this, please tell me.

I have probably a hundred or so transactions resulting from the reinvestment of dividends over 20 or so years.

Thanks.
gcgucken

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi gcgucken,

Yes, just print a "Capital Gains" report. Make sure your investments have the property of accounting method set to "Specified Lots", and then when you create the Capital Gains report, create it with the "Assigned Investment Property" option for the accounting method to use. If all of your investments are using specified lot, you can just choose "Specified Lot" when creating the report, and then the assigned investment property doesn't matter.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby gcgucken » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:01 pm

Thank you, but I need the detail that appears in the Purchases side of the Specify Lots window. I would like to send that detail to my broker and say this is what I am selling.

Is there a way to do that?

GCG
gcgucken

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi GCG,

If you are using the Professional or higher version, you can turn on "Options / Report Preferences... / Capital Gains / Use Wash Sale Rules". This will force the Capital Gains report to list a line item for each purchase and sell, instead of sometimes combining multiple purchases into a single line item in the Capital Gains report. With this option on, you can see the detail of every purchase, including purchase date, cost basis, and number of shares sold.

There is no way currently to print out the "Specify Lots" dialog directly. You could do "Screen Captures", but that is about the only way currently.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports