Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Hide Sub-Portfolio & investments w/0 balances

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby OnYourOwn » Tue May 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Have a report which gives me Sub-Portfolio and underlying investments. Some of these sub-portfolio and underlying investments have 0 value which I'm trying to hide.

Under portfolio editor View, have Hidden Investments/Portfolios unchecked.
Investments with 0 balance are not displayed.

Under Options-Report Preferences have Do Not Display Investments With Zero Share Balance - Over Entire Report Period.
Sub-Portfolio and investments all which have 0 balances are still shown.

What am I doing wrong ?
OnYourOwn

Postby Mark » Tue May 26, 2009 2:15 pm

Thank you for contacting Beiley Software.
We are closed for vacation from May 25th through May 29th.
We will reply to your post when we return.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Sun May 31, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi OnYourOwn,

For report display purposes, you can either hide the investments, or use that option (Do Not Display Investments With Zero Share Balance).

To hide an investment, right mouse click on it, and choose "Properties... / Other" and turn on the "Hidden" attribute. Now, the "View / Hidden Investments" option controls whether or not this investment will be displayed. To hide investments in bulk, based on share balance, you can use "File / File Operations / Hide Sold Investments...".

If you use the "Do Not Display Investments With Zero Share Balance" set it to "On Ending Report Date" if you want it to not display investments that own zero shares as of the ending report date. If you choose the "Over Entire Report Period", then if the investment ever owned any shares between the starting/ending report dates the investment will be displayed.

If you turn on "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolio", then all investments will always be shown, regardless of their hidden status or the number of shares owned.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby OnYourOwn » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:57 am

I sort of fixed. I had divided some 401k investments as after-taxed and before taxed and placed these investments in individual directories, but with unique stock symbols. I changed to a common stock symbol for each investment and just changed the name to reflect the after-tax and before-tax status.
OnYourOwn

Postby OnYourOwn » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:18 am

Addendum: Forgot to mention I created a user defined asset type in order to track after-tax and before-tax investments.
OnYourOwn

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:21 am

Hi OnYourOwn,

Is your reply in the correct topic? This looks like you may have intended to reply to a different forum topic?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports