Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Reconcile problem

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby Woluwe » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:15 am

I have been using a QFX file from my broker to reconcile my portfolios for some time and did not experience any problem but since early October I consistently get problems. In both accounts many of the stocks (but not all) do not reconcile but show up twice-once showing the correct value in FM but not in the statement and once the other way around. In all cases the symbols match and the dat files are in the data folder. The portfolio editor displays the issues correctly and manual inspection shows that in fact FM is balanced. When the FM version is correct (shows the actually holdings) and is opened it shows the transactions as expected-when the statement version is correct and it is opened its say the file doesn’t exist. I’ve tried to spot the cause of this behavior but so far am stuck.
Woluwe

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:23 am

Hi Woluwe,

This sounds like an issue where the CUSIP is not matching. Check the CUSIP property of your investments, and make sure it is the same as the CUSIP from the QFX file. You can either look in the QFX file with a text editor, or when you reconcile, if you click "Edit..." on the line with the statement only shares, it will prompt you to create a new investment, where you can see the CUSIP it is creating. Cancel before creating the investment, and change your existing investment to have that CUSIP value.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports