Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

list stock but not calculate it in PP report

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby suebrooks39887 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:52 am

(1) Is there a way to include a security in my Portfolio Performance report but not have its gain and yield included in the total calculation? I want to see this particular security shown on the list, and I want it included in the total amout of the entire account. I don't want its gain/loss included in the total gain/loss for the entire account.
(2) Some of my securities show "N.A." under gain and/or yield; some are short term and some are long term. I understand that the ones that are short term may not have enough data yet to calculate, but why the ones that are long term? I've had one since Dec 2019.
Thanks.
suebrooks39887

Postby Mark » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:58 am

Hi suebrooks39887,

1) Sorry, no, this isn't an option. If you want it in the report, but not at all in the totals, you could put it at the same hierarchy as your sub-portfolio, and turn off "Hide Totals in Footer", so you don't see the totals of the security plus your sub-portfolio. You can see the totals of the sub-portfolio, but this investment won't be included in that level, since it isn't in the sub-portfolio.

2) Look at "Help / Logs / Report Calculation..." for explanations of N/A figures.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby suebrooks39887 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:34 am

What is Help/Logs listed under? FAQ or tutorial or this message board? Is there a specific link?
suebrooks39887

Postby Djobydjoba » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:38 am

Hi,

In the Help menu of the program > Logs :wink:
Djobydjoba

Return to Reports