Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Batching reports

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby paullayzell » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:20 am

Good afternoon

I am new to the Advisor version of FM. I see that you can batch reports for clients using the File/Batch option. To send reports, I see that they need to be open. For a large number of report this can be time consuming. Is there a way to 'remember' the reports so you don't have to open them manually at the start of each batch run?
paullayzell

Postby Mark » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:58 pm

Hi paullayzell,

Yes, you can "Memorize" reports or you can save them as part of a portfolio file (*.mm4).

To memorize a report, first open the report, and then use "Edit / Memorize...". You can give it a description, and then you'll see this memorized report listed on the bottom of the top level "Reports" menu for easy re-creation.

Also, when you use "File / Save Portfolio" all the currently opened reports and graphs will be saved, so when you re-open FM/this portfolio all the reports/graphs will come back as they were when you saved.

Please see the menu command from within a Report window: Options / Report Preferences... / Other for control over how portfolio/memorized reports are recalled.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby paullayzell » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:32 am

Thanks for the guidance.

The problem with these solutions is that you have to have the required reports open. Could a future enhancement be to remember the combination of the reports so that they don't have to be opened (this is the sort of thing I had expected).
paullayzell

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:43 am

Hi paullayzell,

Okay, thanks for the feedback. It is something we can consider for the future.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports