Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Report oddity: hidden investment with trailing dividend

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby dlevy » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:17 am

I've written a custom report to show the last price for each investment. Given the variety of ways I get prices (quote servers, import, and update from broker when receiving transactions), it is a good check that I didn't skip something. The time period of the report is a rolling few days.

Yesterday, an investment I sold in July (and hidden) appeared on the report with a last price date equal to the sale date. It turns out that there was a trailing dividend--the stock traded ex-dividend while I still owned it, but the dividend was paid only yesterday.

I assume that the dividend caused the investment to be visible on the report and I assume it will go away once the payment date is outside the period covered by my report. Does that make sense?

This is not a problem, I can ignore this for a couple of days. But, is there a way to exclude a hidden investment with trailing activity from a custom report?
dlevy

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:47 am

Hi dlevy,

Yes, that makes sense. Please see the report option:

Options / Report Preferences... / General / Investment Display: / Display Hidden Investments with Activity

This is a global option, so it will apply to all reports.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dlevy » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:59 am

Perfect! Thanks, Mark.
dlevy

Return to Reports