Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Report modificatios

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby 4Profits » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:14 am

Mark,
I know that this has most likely been covered someplace but cannot find it.
I want to create a new custom report based on one of your standard reports. For Example I would like to add at least one and maybe more fields to the investment performance report.
I would like to have the stock symbol in the table as well as the name. is that easy to do?

Thanks,
Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:41 pm

Hi Jim,

You can’t start with a non-custom report and just modify it. You’d have to define your own Custom report, and then memorize it if you want to use it often. Most of all the non-custom report fields are available to add into the Custom report.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby 4Profits » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:24 am

But aren't custom reports dedicated to a specific portfolio? For example I can do a investment performance on JP's portfolio and SH's portfolio, but if I put the same fields in a custom report and call is my custom I can only run it on the portfolio it was created for not on both of them. is that correct?
4Profits

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:19 pm

Hi Jim,

No, you can run a Custom report on any subportfolio you want, just like a built in report. From within a custom report use Edit / Report Settings… and modify the subportfolio.

There is also an option to control when you recreate the memorized report whether it is created with the original subportfolio or the currently selected one.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports