Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

reports showing na

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby alan green » Thu May 18, 2023 5:58 am

On the performance report, the end value looks like this na4350, with an na inserted in front
of the total. I've seen it a couple of other places. I think it started after the last upgrade

Alan Green
alan green

Postby Mark » Thu May 18, 2023 8:22 am

Hi Alan,

This indicates not all the investments are in the same currency. If this is your intention, and you want to see them all converted into your default currency, turn on "View / Exchange Rate Adjusted". If you were expecting that all your investments are in the same currency, look through your investments, and find which one(s) aren't in the correct currency. You can do this in a report or in the Portfolio Editor. To change an investment's currency, go to the "Properties..." of the investment.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby alan green » Thu May 18, 2023 10:11 am

I'm in properties and it's not obvious as to what I should do. The investment's value I found is listed at USD14836.71 and I'm not sure what caused it to be listed that way.
alan green

Postby Mark » Thu May 18, 2023 1:51 pm

Hi Alan,

First, check under "Options / Currency Settings..." to see what all your currency labels are. Maybe you have both a $ and a USD? If you have multiple for US Dollars, you might want to make sure you only use the same one all the time.

First, you might want to look at the currency assigned to all your investments. One way you can do this is to create a Custom report with the field:

Currency

Create the report at your top level sub-portfolio, list by investment, and turn off sub-totals. You can use the "Sort" menu to sort by Currency. If you find any that need to be changed, right mouse click on the report line, and choose "Investment Properties...". On the "General" tab, you can select the currency.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports