Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Why am I seeing "(na)" sometimes in a report?

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby ThomasK » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:28 am

Hi Mark,

I hope all is well with you!

I am reconfiguring how I'm using FM and created a new set of reports and I'm seeing something I cannot figure out. The issue is with respect to the sub-total in bold ...(Exchange not active) I'm getting "(na)" in the bolded subtotal line for the sub-portfolio when both Cash account and holding are in the same currency.
FM example of (na).jpg
FM example of (na).jpg (21.53 KiB) Viewed 1409 times

Investment Properties:
These are for the same holdings; I checked Investment Properties and all looks good.

My Report Settings:
FM example of Report Settings.jpg
FM example of Report Settings.jpg (30.53 KiB) Viewed 1409 times

I'm using USD as my Default in my thinking for a few reasons, mostly as I chart whenever possible the US version of the holding and also that I like clicking on the "Exchange" button and SEE IT BLUE so that I know I'm looking at USD. Arithmetically and how I'm tracking all seem perfectly fine, but...

QUESTION 1:
What did I mess up that the "(na)" appears in two of my Sub-Portfolios? FYI they are under the same higher portfolio.

QUESTION 2:
Did using the ALT symbol 0162 "¢" as the symbol in the Currency Settings window cause an issue?? I also might have used alt-36 for the $ instead of typing the shift-4.

QUESTION 3:
Will using USD as my Default currency cause a problem with currency converting and TAX TIME?

FM example of Currency Settings window.jpg
FM example of Currency Settings window.jpg (30.28 KiB) Viewed 1409 times

As I'm just into the reconfiguring it won't be too grievous to change default currency back to CAD.

Thanks,
Thomas

p.s. I see that you added a feature that shows P/L of currency in the latest release!
ThomasK

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:56 am

Hi Thomas,

I didn't quite understand the first picture of a report. It looked unrecognizable... However, if you want to know the reason for an N/A, you can usually find it by selecting "Help / Logs / Report Calculation..." from within that report.

The symbol you assign to a currency should not cause any issues. You can use whatever you want.

I don't see USD in your currency settings. I see $. Is that what you mean? What problem are you concerned about at tax time?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports