Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

FBAR Report Records

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby Vandring » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:19 am

Is it at all possible to generate the records needed to fill out the FBAR form? The data needed is:
Name on the account,
Account number,
Name and address of the foreign bank,
Type of account, and
Maximum value during the year.

I know I asked about custom fields on portfolio properties earlier as a way to do this, and that feature is not available. But am I the only one who needs to keep track of account info for FBAR filings? FM is great for almost everything, but FBAR is a pain in the a** that it would be great to be able to generate at the click of a button.
Vandring

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:54 am

Hi Vandring,

You could utilize an "Invoice" report, and make use of the client information to include in this report. You'd end up with 1 report per client, but all the information would be in there. For example, in "Options / Report Preferences... / Invoice" if you added some fields, like:

[[CLIENT_FL]]
[[Account]]
[[Highest_value]]
[[CLIENT_WADDRESS]]

That would put in the client's name, account number, maximum value during the report period, and the client's "work" address. There are 2 addresses, so you could use one as the address of their bank. See "Edit / Client List..." for all the fields you can use. There are many more fields available in the Invoice report, this is just an example, but it enables you to access all the client fields as well. You could then use Batch Print to create such a report for each client.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Vandring » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:41 pm

What edition is the Invoice Report in? I use the personal edition. The FBAR info is for myself, to report my own accounts. I have not seen anything about Clients in the personal edition -- since it is "personal" I assume.
Vandring

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:40 am

Hi Vandring,

Sorry, I assumed you were doing this for clients and were using the Advisor version. Yes, these features are only available in the Advisor version. You can get the maximum value (Highest value (between)) in a Custom report, but the other fields wouldn't be available in the Personal version.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby John Lea » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:44 pm

I have to report these as well but they only allow them done on line through their web site. You can get a print out from there. Mine only involves one account so it is easy to input that balance.
John Lea

Return to Reports