Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Checking Report - Custom Settings

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby ThomasK » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:32 am

Hi Mark,

I'm trying to understand the Custom Settings equations to make the best Custom report I can.

I created a Custom Report and I would like to verify/clarify the rightmost column: "Gain/s (end)" as Gain per share (inception) heading.

My issue is that for the first stock, Aurora Cannabis, there's no way the Gain/s (end) should be -$4.02 as there are no dividends/distributions. I checked the CASH account for that as well as the Data Register for the stock. Whereas the $5.37 for Bausch Health makes sense.

What do you think I am doing wrong? I don't need the column BUT I do want to figure it out.

Thanks,
Thomas
Attachments
FM - Gain per share (inception).png
FM - Gain per share (inception).png (27.52 KiB) Viewed 1084 times
FM - Checking Custom Settings.png
FM - Checking Custom Settings.png (31.74 KiB) Viewed 1084 times
ThomasK

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:39 pm

Hi Thomas,

That field starts from the very first price date recorded in the investment. Open up that investment in the Data Register, and look under "Prices" data type. How much has the price changed from the earliest recorded price to the report's ending date. It does not matter what the starting report date is for this report, thus the Beg NAV may be incorrect, as the formula uses the Beg NAV of the investment, not as of the report's starting date.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports