Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Customizing Reports

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby slboomer » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:07 pm

What I want to do is have a report showing my current allocation by investment, not investment type and compare it to a target allocation.
Can one add a custom column to a report? If I could do that I could manually enter my target for each investment.
Also in the allocation report, I am not seeing how to teach FM about the type of asset each of my investments is. When I run the allocation report, it assumes a type, Large company. I guess I need to edit the investment someplace to designate its type?
slboomer

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi slboomer,

You can create a Portfolio Value report, and "List By" "Investment". This will show your allocation percentage of each investment in the portfolio.

You can choose from a variety of available fields to add to a custom report. Create a custom report, and choose the "Custom Fields..." button. There are over 200 fields available to choose from, and you can put them in any order you want. Once you set up a report the way you want, you may want to "Memorize" it (Edit / Memorize...), so you can re-create it again in the future easily. You have to choose from one of the available fields when adding to a report. You can't make up your own new fields.

To define an investment's asset type, look at the 'Investment Properties..." dialog, and see the "Asset Type" tab. You can also use "Options / Category Labels..." to define all your asset type labels. You can assign an investment to any combination of asset types, it doesn't have to be just one asset type. The total definition must add up to 100% for all the specified asset types for a given investment. Right mouse click on an investment and choose "Investment Properties..." to get this dialog.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports